Discover Why Hope is Power
Nov 09, 2020
One of the most impactful feelings you’ll ever experience is hope. Hope occurs when we center our expectations on something. Your hope is like a wish for something to happen. And there’s power in those wishes!
Consider these points to increase your power with hope:
- Hope plants a seed. Whenever you yearn for something, having hope is an implication that it could actually occur. Hope can germinate into a whole new existence. Your life’s journey can be enhanced simply by having hope.
- In order to feel hopeful, honesty is required. We’ve all experienced times when we were fooling ourselves about something, such as a relationship or work situation. But to have hope, we’re forced to be honest about what we’ve done to create the challenge.
- Only if you tell yourself the truth about a trying situation can you proceed ahead and experience hope.
- Hope produces a “can do” spirit. For example, if you want your relationship to be better, you can draw upon the hope within you. That desire to want a deepened, more connected partnership is rooted in a hope that you can put the relationship back on track.
- The next step is then to ask yourself, “What can I do to make the relationship grow?” Hope cultivates a personal sense of responsibility and ownership. Only then do you have the power to convince yourself that you can truly affect a change in your own life.
- Hope often leads you to the answer. When you’re clueless about how to resolve a difficult issue, you “resort” to hoping the issue will be solved somehow. Your thoughts begin to meander through all the ins and outs of figuring out the challenge. Before you know it, you’ve hit on something that might help the situation.
- Hope cultivates your imagination. Creativity and imagination are necessary when you’re hoping for something to grow or change in a positive way. You stretch yourself by considering resolutions you hadn’t considered before.
- Hope enhances your personal commitment to the issue at hand. When you’ve thought enough about a vexing challenge, you’re likely committed to overcoming that challenge.
- Personal commitment sets you up to sharpen your focus and find a way to create the end result you desire.
- Hope springs from within you. The purest form of strength and power in your life emerges solely from within you. Only your own thoughts and desires are needed. Hope is free and available to you at any time you wish to tap into it.
- Hope allows you to accept and forgive others. Many times, the path you seek can only be paved by your complete acceptance of others and your ability to forgive them.
- We’ll all be exposed to those who annoy or bewilder us. And unfortunately, we’ll be hurt by the actions and words of others at some point or another. However, having hope encourages us to move past these positions of powerlessness and discover the true strength of our character.
Possessing hope enables you to perform challenging acts and believe the unbelievable. The good life you deserve can be attained by striving to have hope. Let go of your self-doubt and negativity. Discover your power by embracing all the riches hope can deliver.
This week’s creative Exercise
The Hope Tree
Supplies: paper, markers, colored paper, and scissors
- Draw a tree with branches on your paper, fill the whole page.
- Cut out colored leaves in the shape of hearts or use white paper and color each leaf when you write on it.
- Add leaves each day for one or more of these topics
You can add your leaves all at once, or a few each day.
- A word that represents you
- A feeling you are experiencing
- One thing you do for self care
- One person you rely on for support
- One thing you look forward to in the future
I like the idea of each day as you see it grow until the tree is in full bloom, just like you.
Thursday a new video of this exercise will be added to our YouTube channel. Don’t forget to subscribe so you don’t miss any of our great free content.
Have an Amazingly Creative Day,