May Plans And A Little Tip To Get It Done
Apr 30, 2019
What do you have happening in May?
May for me feels like rebirth with Spring in the air and lots more light coming in the windows. May is when we start to venture out more and get that natural vitamin D from the Sun.
I have a busy month ahead. I have already started working with the newest class taking Soul Creative, healing through creativity. It is so encouraging and empowering to already start to see shifts in these amazing women.
Soul Creative is an intensive healing through creativity course and so far, only a week in, we have covered things like: Setting space, Getting into the head space to create, Creativity as self care, as well as setting goals and plans for our final projects, as well as so much more.
The month of May for me is preparing for Art Walk, working with this amazing group of women in Soul Creative. As well as I am working on some new courses, and an installation art piece based on the #metoo movement. If I can complete that art piece by the end of May I will be entering it into an art competition out of BC.
So May is a busy month for me.
How about you?
What do you have planned?
Do you have any big goals that you want to accomplish this year? Is there anything that you feel has fallen off the resolution/goal bandwagon, don't worry there are still 8 months left in this year. What are the steps you can do to get back on track?
,Here is a little trick I use to get myself on track again.
- Set your goal (or revisit it). What do you want to accomplish?
- What is your current reality?
- What are you currently feeling?
- What are you currently doing?
- What is your desired reality?
- How do you want to feel?
- What do you want to be doing?
- Visualize yourself doing, and your feelings of doing, what you desire.
- Put down a date of when you would like to attain this goal.
- Now write down or draw your obstacles. What gets in your way?
- List your resources: those things that support you along your journey to your desired reality.
- Gather the tools you need to achieve your goal. Draw them out. What are the tools that you need to do what you want to do? They don’t need to be the best or all of them, just the ones you can use now to get started.
- Now 5 steps to get you there: they can be modified for what you need, but start with the basics.
- Remove distractions
- Identify your priorities
- Create time blocks in your schedule: Schedule time in your calendar to use for those things you need/want to do.
- Build contingency plans: Ideas of what we can do if things don’t go as expected. Have a plan in place.
- Pomodoro technique: Blocking time to do your work in small increments of time.
The 5 min Rule, If you set time and then you don’t feel like doing it. Spend 5 minutes working on it and if you still don’t feel like it then you can stop, but if you do you can keep going.
- What are your reasons to keep your desired reality?
- Why do you want this?
- How will you benefit?
- How will it help you grow and contribute?
Answer these to keep you focused on your goals and why you are working towards them.
Set your goals, work towards them, if you fall off track, revisit, replan, and keep working towards them. Never give up.
Have an Amazingly Creative Day,